Thursday, September 11, 2008

Long time no blog!

Well life is starting to sort of work out here in Taipei so I am feeling pretty good. Now I have an apartment, my job pretty much has a regular feel to it, and I have even begun to make some friends if you can believe it. You would think I would try to make the excuse that I am so busy but I still have way too much free time and struggle with getting up before 10 each morning. Most of the time I am not able to get up that early.

So let's think about some stuff that I really miss about my wonderful home in the United States of America. Well lately I have really been craving some good spicy Mexican food and they just don't seem to know at all what it is. I talked to one guy who said he went to a "Mexican" place here and they gave him noodles with crappy salsa atop. Not really what I am looking for. I want that big giant burrito that looks bigger than my thigh, or so many tacos that they look blurry when I try to see the end of them, and lets not forget the authentic marg. I mean that stuff is just classic and so great. Oh and I forgot how much I have been wanting some nachos. I would even settle for some gas station style stuff but no goes. In the 7-11s here they have hard boiled eggs soaked in tea and I can tell you I would rather get kicked in the balls 8 times than have to eat one of those turds.

I also really miss just the general variety that we have in our country. I mean you want some of this you go that way and if you want some of that you just go the other way. Taipei has a lot to offer but there really isn't much outside of maybe Chinese or Japanese culture. What does it take to get some real hamburgers or some quesadillas? Maybe I am just hungry. And you know there is one thing that is great about eating here.... it is so cheap. Well actually it isn't soooo cheap but it is cheaper. I still like the food here but I just want some MFin' Mexican!!!

I had a little celebration last night because it was my first day as an illegal immigrant in Taiwan. You see, before I came here I was supposed to get a 90 day tourist visa and then illegally get my real stuff once here. My problem was that I was in Thailand and while I could have gone to an embassy there, I was too busy hanging out on the beach and keeping it real. So when I arrived I was only issued a 30 day visa which I guess just doesn't cut it. But someone is in the process of doing some sort of magic so I am confident that it will all work out. And if it doesn't maybe you can keep the light on for me because my ass will be getting deported. Oh well life is boring when it is legal. I was actually illegal in France for almost two months and that worked out ok.

Overall though I am really enjoying myself here. My job is probably my favorite part to be honest. I really like my classes and they are proving to be a real challenge. Of course a positive one. I am already being emailed by parents who like to give me tips about their kids and one mom called the school and said that because of me she would make sure that all her friend's kids got into our school. Now just let me try this charm in the real world. The strangest part is trying to keep calm because some of these kids are so crazy that I want to slap them across the face. I would never do that but I think if I did it to some they wouldn't even know what had hit them and they would just continue singing while having a seizure and crapping out butterflies. (That crazy.)

Sorry this blog sort of sucked but I am back to writing with a hot ass computer on my lap and all I can think about is the song "chestnuts roasting on an open laptop." I am dying. If you have never had that feeling don't try it cause I am sure I will end up having some three eyed children because of it. Fare well and I will contact you soon.

Oh I forgot to mention that I went to this huge pool party this weekend and it totally rocked because there were movie stars (Chinese movie stars) and all sorts of hot model chicks there. And this weekend I might take the metro to the beach. Life ain't so bad.

2 comments: