Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ok this one is going to have to be another post with no pictures because I don't really know how to put pictures on from random beach side bungalow internet cafes. It has been just under a week since this whole trip has started and I have to say that things have been fun while also rough. Asia is a whole different planet as far as I am concerned. This trip has made our Euro voyage seem like a walk in the park (or anything other thing that you might think is easy.)

When I finally got into Bangkok with no real problems except for the 12 hour late factor I was really excited and paranoid. I had to get into town and do things all by myself and the fact that it was the dead of night did not ease my stress. I took a long trip by bus to get into some part of town that I thought Chris and Drew mught be in and kept calm by talking to these Canadian guys which I don't like doing as much now becuase I met a bad Canadian in Nice. Oh well, I arrived at the stop and before I could even take some time to realize I had no idea what I was doing Chris Dandurand slams into me almost spilling all the poop I have been saving for whatever hotel we might be in. Everyone was so tired that first night that we just said some excited hellos and this is sweet and "what the hell are we doing?" and then it was off to bed.

The next two or so days we took a long half airconditioned bus ride to Ban Phe where we then rode the ferry to our first island in Thailand: Ko Samet. Ko Samet was really cool! The day we arrived was the full moon party which is legendary everywhere in Thailand. We started to get pretty worried when all the bungalow joints had full signs on them and we finally found our spot in a tent on the beach. This was perfect for us because we could wake up on the beach and we only had to pay 2 dollars each.

The weekend in Ko samet was fun. I was woken up by the hotel manager because I had sort of passed out on the beach. And then Drew almost woke us up from laughing when he saw my entire face covered in sand. We ate some of the best food we have had, along with the hottest and spiciest noodles ever created. One night we ate dinner in the ocean, as in our feet were in the water while we sat for a nice dinner. That was cool except that we ordered "same same" (which is what we do with everything) and recieved blubber noodles that were probably made from banana slugs. They were disgusting. One night we went to a happy hour on the beach and watched this guy juggle fire and then after too many gin and tonics Chris got the guy to let him play with the fire. Chris was literally wobbeling on the beach spinning a double sidded flame stick and almost caught the whole beach on fire when he was inches away from hitting the karosene bucket.

There were plenty of other good stories from that trip and I will soon also explain why our trip to Kuala Lumpur was the worst experience ever, especially for Chris and Drew. I hope all enjoy our adventure stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment