Monday, August 4, 2008

The last one got deleted

So I got pretty pissed off at this blazin' bloggin' thing because I wrote a kind and touching blog and then the stupid ass computer froze up on me. Of course all the computers on these thai islands are like 80s throwback comps. You can probably still play pong on them.

Well we just did about two days on a beautiful beach still on Ko Phangan called....gotta ask Dunkle........ok well he doesn't know either but maybe I can't tell you because it is our secret place and we wouldn't want someone to come and build a giant high rise hotel there. I have been really surprised that whenever we arrive at a new place because no matter how "developed" they say a beach is, it really never is. This beach we just went to however, was about as remote and secret as they come. It seemed like the only people who knew about it were us, some stoner english dudes, and a handful of extremely hot girls. I love Thailand because when you go to the bar you can act like a pimp and buy girl's drinks and it costs nothing. Last night I bought drinks for four German girls at a pretty swank bar and it cost me 10 bucks. The girls feel happy because a guy bought them drink and I feel happy because I practially stole them. It is every guy's dream to be super cheap and still get girls. That works here in Thailand.

So basically the past week or so since Chris left we have done nothing. Usually our day starts rather early like 9:30 to 10 am. It is pretty much impossible to sleep any longer because the heatless room starts to turn into a furnace. After getting up and chugging all the water we can find in the room we usually start to discuss our day's itinerary over breakfast on the beach. It consists of "we could go kayaking, we could look for waterfalls, we could take a hike, we could get laundry done." And then we finish breakfast and just lay on the beach all day doing nothing and only moving enough to get in the crystal blue water to cool off. But let me tell you, that is still fun as well. I mean there is a real art to lounging out on the beach and I think we have become the Van Goughs of sun bathing. (that was pretty stupid sounding.)

High moments of this past beach was having an entire beach to ourselves, having the front bungalow that faced the beach, this cool bar we went to where all the workers and owners loved us, watching Dunkle scream ever five minutes as he got bit by crabs. It was a pretty great place and it was cool the the people we met there actually waved goodbye to us from the beach as we wizzed away on a little dingy boat.

So now we are back in Haad Rin and we are going to Ko Samui to then fly to Krabi and then take a boat to Ko Phi Phi. At Ko Phi Phi we will visit the actual beach from the beach so we are all excited. So keep in touch as the stories shall continue.

2 comments:

  1. -- You should go into your preferences and change this stupid thing away from French, its impossible to comment if nobody can read whats going on.... anyway
    Glad to hear you havent found any waterfalls yet. I signed up to make comments because I know comments are fun. I wish I could have read your touching BLOG. Maybe I can start to blog with you but mine can be about hating myself starting august 18.

    Also, instead of Colorado we went to the Buffalo River in Arkansas and it still kicked ass, so thats good enough adventure.

    Say hi to the rest of the drews on the trip for me and be sure not to crash any mopeds in your last 10 days there.

    later

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ca fait plaisir d'avoir de tes nouvelles et de voir que tout va si bien pour toi. Attention aux filles !

    Nous pensons bien à toi

    Marie-Claude

    ReplyDelete